Applicability of this Policy
This Policy applies to the site www.cortinagate.ro/en/
Also, for identity, the information in this document applies to other online platforms that are operated by or on behalf of Xtra Expo S.R.L.
Disabling the cookies we use could affect your experience as a user on this site and on other sites owned by Xtra Expo S.R.L.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small files, consisting of letters and numbers, that will be stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user from whom the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed by request issued by a web server, a browser (eg Internet Explorer, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari).
Cookies are completely “passive” (they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and cannot access the information on the user’s hard driver).
A cookie consists of 2 parts: the name and the content or value of the cookie. The duration of the existence of a cookie is determined; technically, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that web server.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information in order to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify internet users.
There are 2 main categories of cookies:
1. Session cookies: they are temporarily stored in the cookies folder of the web browser so that it can store them until the user leaves the respective website or closes the browser window;
2. Persistent cookies: They are stored on the hard drive of a computer or device and are activated again when you visit the site that created that specific cookie. Persistent cookies also include those placed by a website other than the one the user is currently visiting. These are known as “third party cookies” or cookies placed by third parties. They store a user’s interests in order to deliver the most relevant advertising for them.
How long does a cookie last?
The lifetime of a cookie can vary significantly depending on the purpose for which it is placed. Some cookies are intended for a single use (such as session cookies), so they are not maintained once the user leaves the site. Other cookies are maintained and reused each time the user returns to the site (persistent cookies). However, cookies can be deleted by the user at any time by using the browser settings.
What are third-party cookies?
Some sections of the content of some sites may be provided by third-party cookies, such as advertising. Such cookies may be placed on the site and are called cookies placed by third parties because they are not placed by the site owner. Such third parties are in turn obliged to comply with the applicable legal regulations and the privacy policies of the owner of the respective site.
Why are cookies important for the internet?
Cookies are the focal point of the efficient operation of the Internet, helping to generate a friendly browsing experience tailored to the preferences and interests of each user. Declining or disabling cookies may make some sites impossible to use. Refusing or disabling cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising – only that it will no longer be able to take into account your preferences and interests, as evidenced by your browsing behavior.
Examples of important uses of cookies (which do not require a user to authenticate through an account):
1. Content and services adapted to the user’s preferences – categories of products and services;
2. Offers adapted to the interests of users – password retention;
3. Retention of child protection filters on Internet content (family mode options, safe search functions);
4. Limit the frequency of ad serving – Limit the number of impressions of an ad for a particular user on a site;
5. Providing more relevant advertising for the user;
6. Measurement, optimization and Analytics features – such as confirming a certain level of traffic to a website, what type of content is viewed and how a user gets to a website (example: through search engines, directly, from other websites etc). Websites carry out these analyzes of their use in order to improve the sites for the benefit of the users.
What types of cookies do we use?
By accessing this site you can place the following types of cookies:
– site performance: they retain the user’s preferences on this site;
– visitor analysis: they tell us if you have visited this site before; the browser will tell us if you have this cookie, and if not, we will generate one;
– for geotargeting: these are used by a software that determines which country you come from, are completely anonymous and are used only for targeting content;
– registration: they let us know if you are registered or not, they show us the account you are registered with and if you have permission for a certain service;
– for advertising: based on them, we can find out whether or not you have viewed an online ad, what type of ad, and how long it has been since you viewed this ad.
Do cookies contain personal data?
How can you change the cookie settings in your browser?
Most browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of the browser.
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful, otherwise you can use the browser’s “help” option for more details.
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari
For third-party cookie settings, you can also visit:
To find out more about cookies and what they are used for, we recommend the following links:
Microsoft Cookies guide
All About Cookies
http://www.legi-internet.ro/legislatie-itc/date-cu-caracter-personal/legea-privind-prelucrarea-datelor-cu-caracter-personal-si-protectia-vietii-private-in-sectorul- electronic-communications / oug-13-2012.html
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation)
If you have any questions regarding the above details, please contact us in writing at the email address office (at) cortinagate.ro or at the telephone number 0786722701